Works in the community, home, and our center with individuals suffering with mental illness in an effort to enhance their quality of life. Services provided are to be individualized and based upon a detailed needs assessment. Provide services to assist clients with learning and developing independent living skills, social skills, illness management and strategies, and self-care skills. Support is also to be provided to clients with accessing and coordinating benefits, additional services, and community-based resources.
Position and Responsibilities Mental Health Clinician’s responsibilities include the following:
- Provide various outpatient mental health services (individual therapy, family therapy, groups) with the goal of patient recovery.
- Conduct intakes and monitor skills development and symptom changes as therapy progresses.
- Develop service plans and conduct reviews as needed throughout the duration of treatment.
- Provide mental health assessments, counseling, referrals, and intervention services.
- Complete and maintain documentation according to federal and state guidelines.
Master’s Degree in in a mental health-related field such as clinical mental health counseling, psychology, or social work.
Must be licensed in the state of Maryland
At least one year of experience providing face to face therapy interventions.
Computer literacy, flexibility, critical thinking skills, demonstrate appropriate documentation of notes and treatment plans